Last updated 25 May 2018:
The Asia Pacific Dance Association is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms & Conditions and any other policy developed on this website from time to time and notified on any part of the site) sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
- APDA is the data controller of personal information processed through your use of our website.
- The type of personal information processed by us includes information that you provide when using our site or services, technical information about your device, settings and website use, information that we receive from third parties, such as other website providers, ad networks and social media companies.
- We use your data, amongst other things, to provide you with our site and services or information about our site and services, tailor our services to you, carry out analysis of our services, provide targeted ads and comply with any legal or regulatory obligation.
- We may send you marketing material relating to our services which you can opt out of at any time.
- We may share data with our service providers and other third parties for the performance of our contractual obligations to you, to provide you with information and for the serving of advertising.
- You have a number of rights that you may exercise in relation to our use of your personal data, and you may exercise these by contacting us through the communication methods set out in the "Your rights" section below.
Who Are We
This website (the “site”) is controlled by the Asia Pacific Dance Association (APDA) (“we”, “us”, “our”).
Our teacher portals are controlled by us and our website technician. We are based in Auckland, New Zealand.
Information You Give Us
- you register to use our site;
- subscribe to our services;
- place an order on our site;
- contact us through our site;
- participate in discussions or other social media functions on our site.
The information you give us include your name, address, e-mail address, phone numbers, studio address, postal address, website address, financial and credit card information.
If you are a Teacher, we may collect additional information about you in relations to your training and details of studios you are affiliated with and relevant qualifications.
Information We Collect About You
A. We will process data for the following purposes based on our legitimate interests:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including trouble-shooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods and services that may interest you or them;
How Your Information Will Be Used
We use information held about you in the following ways.
Whenever possible, we anonymise the data so that it cannot be connected to any individual person.
Information you give to us:
A. We process data for the following purposes based on our legitimate interests:
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to tailor your experience on the site;
- for data analysis, testing and research, statistical, editorial, feedback and survey purposes;
- to administer our site for internal operations;
- to improve our site to ensure content is presented in themes effective manner for you and your computer;
- to comply with any legal and regulatory requirements
B. We will process data for the following purposes based on our performance of an agreement or contract:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any agreements or contracts entered into between you and us;
- respond to your queries;
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request or purchase from us;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to allow you to share information on our site and on third party social media platforms.
C. We will process data for the following purposes based on your consent:
- to provide you with the latest information and offers relating to dance education products and services, or allow authorised third parties to provide information to you about goods and services;
Disclosure of Your Information
For some of the purposes for which we use personal data (see above), we will engage a third party. If such a third party needs access to personal data to carry out it's task, we wil share data with them, we will ensure that the third party will only use the data based on our instructions. Such a party is a processor on our behalf and we remain responsible for your data. We will engage the following processors:
- Companies that provide services to us such as service providers and other partners who globally support our business. These third parties provide services such as providing technical infrastructure services, analysing how our services are used, measuring the effectiveness of ads and services, providing customer service, facilitating payments, or conducting academic research and surveys. These partners must adhere to strict confidentiality obligations in a way that is consistent with this policy and the agreements we enter into with them; and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
Disclosure under certain circumstances
We will, based either on your explicit consent, or otherwise when we have the right to do so according to applicable personal data regulations also disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If the APDA that controls this site or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about it's customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- Where you have otherwise consented that we may do so.
We may give Teachers the option to share their personal information via our portal at https://www.asiapacificdanceassociation.co.nz/user/login ("Teacher Portal"). Where Teachers agree to share their personal information via the Teacher Portal, APDA will be able to access, process and use that personal information to: (i) facilitate and maintain the relationship between the APDA and Teacher; (ii) purchase education resources on behalf of nominated Teachers; (iii) contact Teachers or respond to requests, (iv) for other purposes as legally required or lawfully permitted from time to time.
If you are a Teacher, we will also use information that you provide us, we collect about you or we receive from other sources for the following purposes (on the basis of our performance of an agreement or contract with you or, where this does not apply, on the basis of our legitmate interests):
the review, management and administration of all aspects of your role as a Teacher
Where We Store Your Personal Information & International Transfers
Individuals (especially with the European Economic Area or "EEA") should be aware that we and other third party recipients of their personal information, will not be located within your jurisdiction or within the EEA. For instance, personal data my be transferred to New Zealand in connection with the purposes stated above. Steps wil be taken to protect your personal information in that instance consistent with applicable law, for example entering into contractual clauses which mirror the EC-model clauses where personal data concerning EU citizens is shared with a party outside the EEA based in a country which is deemed not to have adequate data protection safeguards in place.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure serves or or secure services controlled by third parties on our behalf. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. This password must not be shared with anyone.
Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We retain the personal information we collect only if we need it to support justifiable business requirements or when our lawful purposes for using the information requires retention. When we no longer require personal information we or our third party suppliers will securely delete and/or archive this information. For more information for where and how long your personal information is stored, and for more information on your rights of erasure and portability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Information of Children - Rights of a Parent/Guardian
A child is any person under the age of 18. An Account or Subscription under a child’s name is owned and managed by that child’s Parent/Guardian. The Parent/ Guardian has all management rights over the child’s Account/ Subscription.
We may send you emails relating to your Membership or Subscription and use of the Website and the Services. We may also send you regular electronic newsletters. Newsletters will contain clear and obvious instructions on how you can remove yourself from our mailing list.
Keeping your Personal Information Safe
We take reasonable industry-standard precautions to secure your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure by storing it in a controlled, secure environment. Personal information is transmitted to our servers or to other website is protected through industry-standard encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
However, because internet transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure, you acknowledge and agree that you use the Website and Services at your own risk.
Your access to the Website is protected by a secure and encrypted password that you choose. You are responsible for keeping your login information secure, including your user name and password.
You have the right to request access to certain personal data that we hold about you. If you wish to do so, please email your request to email@example.com